October 2, 2012

Bus People

Photo by: FelipeGarcia
           
          Bus people are interesting. If you needed a good character for a story, the bus is the place to go. You won't know what you'll find each time you step aboard. It is a mixture of shapes, sizes and personality. I take the bus to and from school every day. I'm quiet in general, but really observant in places such as the bus. I see each person going through the process to get where they need to go. Some wear annoyed facial expressions and others, tired, blank ones.
  There are the ones holed up in the corner (Me included), ones talking to the bus driver, loud people and then the ones that make you want to know more about them. 
  And then the wondering begins.
  Who are these people? The bus people?
  Each person is on a journey in their life somewhere. Good or bad, they each have a story and make up the characters in the bus. It makes me want to know what is going on in their life. So I can help or really what I need to do, is just be there.
  I was taking the bus home with my little brother when this girl around my age said I could sit next to her as the spaces were already full. She told me how the bus scared her because people have harassed her while she was on it. She said that she hated going on here by herself and that she wanted me to sit next to her because I would make her feel better. I was speechless. This total stranger was confiding in me out of all the other people. What was so special about me that gave her security? The bus ride was short and I had to leave, but I hoped she would be alright.
  We ride as one to get to our destination but we are so mentally withdrawn. When you realize it, a bunch of strangers come as one. We are there though just to get from point A to point B. Shouldn't it be different? The public bus systems are one of the most used services nation wide. What if there was a ministry to serve the people who went on the bus? Or some kind of essence of God being shown? Create an environment with positivity rather than hostility. Of security rather than fear. It made sound like a difficult task, but there should be a way where people can travel with a new feeling of something. The feeling of God. There should be a way where God is seen.
  What I can do, is I can just be there. Bring in a light that some people have never seen before. Because I come with the reassure that God is my provider and my protector. I don't know what I would do without knowing that. People go so long or forever without knowing there is a loving God out there. So they won't feel the comfort of being loved by a Heavenly Father. Their souls are restless as there is no place they can fall too.
  There is a scientific study that proves how people feel, it affects the other people around them. With or without knowing it. Even changing your mood can make a difference towards your surroundings. I find myself being really withdrawn and having a hard expressions. Not on purpose, because I get self conscious and don't know where to look on the bus. I need to remind myself to relax and look nice. Simple as that. I'm not saying you need to let your guard down (You are on a public bus with strangers) but check your appearance. How you look can set the judgement for how people will see you. Let God radiate from you. People naturally gravitate to their maker. They will see it in someone even if they don't know what it is. They can't name it, but that feeling of God, it settles their wandering souls.
 

4 comments:

  1. I used to take the Valley Metro, and I'd always make up stories about how that bus ride was not a coincidence and some larger events had brought all of us people together and we had some intense situation we had to work together to get out of. It was always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does seem like fun. I will have to try that next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Pepper! Thanks so much for the nice comment you left on my blog. I decided to check out yours and I must say, you're definitely worth a follow. :)

    PS I awarded you on my blog. Visit http://footprintsonthe-moon.blogspot.com/2012/10/from-writer.html to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and for awarding me, I'm honored! :)

      Delete