October 30, 2012

Food Photography


  I have always loved to blog. One, because I have a passion for writing and Two, I love to take pictures. Perhaps one of my favorite things to see on a blog is the pictures they take for it. It sets the mood and highlights the good things in life. Food photography is something I do most every time I sit down to a good meal. I love to capture the creation while everyone else is already digging in. My family says I'm a slow eater but I'm probably last to finish because I take a few pictures before to remember how pretty the meal was.
  If I could, I would blog only about food. I'm pretty sure I would. There are endless meals and treats to photograph and rave about. Everyone always gets hungry and I am joined to the hip with my camera, so It wouldn't be hard. But then there are thousands of blogs already dedicated to food. Making food and capturing food, it seems like it would be a lot cause. Especially since I'm a baby blog. If I honestly were to think about it, I might get tired after awhile. There are so many other things I like to talk about or share with people. There is so much more to me and so much more to my blog than food. (I still love it, don't get me wrong)

This blog will the be thoughts of Pepper. Or the latest obsession of Pepper. Or the craziness of Pepper. Anything that I am musing about, I want to write about and let people know the real side of me. I am quiet in person. I always have been. So many people have (playfully) teased me on being too quiet. It has always been my nature. 'Would You Like Pepper With That' is going to show the essence of who I am. My heart, my ideas, my loves and the journey I am still living, every single day. If you want, you can come along too. :)


Leaving you with something tasty:

Oregano's. Simply the best Italian food I have ever tried. Really, it's so good and authentic. My Mom and I decided to try it out as we were wanting to eat somewhere for dinner. Oregano's is down the street from my house we though we'd see what the rave was about. There are always advertisements about the restaurant and it was a popular college place to eat. I am so happy that I found it. The prices are cheap and you get a bunch of food for what you pay for. Good quality food too.
One of the things I got was the Italian Stuffed Mushrooms. Made with a portobello mushroom and Italian sausage, topped with melted cheese and fresh tomato and cilantro. So savory. I was inspired by this and tried to make my own version at home. As you can see, Oregano's got it down rather than me. It was my first time trying to make it, so next time I will have more of an idea of what to do. Still really good, but different in it's own ways. 


No comments:

Post a Comment