April 24, 2013

A Weekend in the Woods

  This last weekend my sister, friend and I spent a weekend in an adorable cabin (shall I say hand built by our friend's family) in the woods for our friend's birthday. How refreshing it is to be submerged in nature again. The only sound you hear is wind rushing through pine trees and squirrels skittering, darting from bush to bush. To be reminded of God's wonderful creation that isn't run over with cement roads and tall stucco buildings. How nice!
  We stayed up late watching movies, playing rounds of catch phrase and 20 questions. Talking far into the night and making 5 minute cakes in the microwave. Hearing the sound of old pine needles crunch under your boots and the crisp smell of wood that follows where ever you go.Swinging on the neighbor's swing that makes you almost fall off, laughing till your stomach hurts. Walking in the little town square and taking pictures of how community should be. Looking up at the sky and seeing thousands of stars. Getting to connect with friends and family. Seeing how God works in each of our lives.
  It was so nice. And I'm so thankful I was able to go.

A hemp bracelet I made. I'm so proud of myself, ha! :)
How funny is this squirrel? 
My first time getting to walk across a tree. (Me left, Sarah, Right)










 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds absolutely wonderful :) I love the first photo, and the cabin looks adorable. I love being in the woods more than almost anything else.

    ReplyDelete