May 7, 2013

If You Give a Girl a Book


School is almost out and that means I will be able to fully submerge myself into books once again. I got inspired from She Learns As She Goes because she answered some questions about her reading habits. Being a fellow reader, it's always interesting hearing about other readers. 



Do you snack as you read?

I do, but not very much because I worry I'll get food on the book!

What is your favorite drink while reading?

Iced tea or water are mostly what I drink.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

Writing in books for me is fine but dog earring it, well... that is another story!

How do you keep your place while reading a book?

Paper scraps or if I'm lucky a book mark but mostly it's whatever's easiest to find. 

Are you the type of person who tends to read to the end of the chapter, or can you stop anywhere?

Personally, I like to stop at the end of the chapter but if I must, I can stop anywhere. If I stop at the end of the chapter, chances are I'll go ahead and go on ahead and say 'one more chapter' ;)

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or onto the floor if the author irritates you?

No, I've never done that before. I just won't read them anymore if they are that annoying! 

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you look it up right away?

Not usually. I try to figure it out by the surrounding words but if not I skip over it. I know, bad habit, I'm lazy that way! But if I'm using my Kindle and I don't know a word, I can just click on it and see the definition. 

What are you currently reading?

I have started reading a bunch of random books to see which one I want to continue to read. One I am starting on is Les Miserables, which has been very interesting so far!

What is the last book you've bought?

Last time I bought a book was when I went to the book sale in February and that was quite a lot of books to recall. 

Do you have a favorite time/place to read?

I like to read whenever I'm in the mood but I especially like to read in my room where it's quiet and I can read on my bed. 

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
I don't prefer either. It depends if a series is really good or a novel itself is outstanding. :)

Is there a specific book you find yourself recommending over and over?

It would have to be the Princetta because of the story line, character development and overall beauty of the story. And also Captivating because it is a book every girl and woman needs to read! Two favorites. 



















How do you organize your books?

I don't really organize them specifically. I just line them up on my desk and dresser and find a way to make room for more when new books come.

Reading goal this summer?

To read historical fiction books. I love reading while learning facts.   



If you do your own questions on your blog, please provide the link in the comments so I can see you answers! :)

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, I can't wait to be finished with this term and my exams so I can start reading again!

    And historical fiction is my favourite! I'm studying for a history degree so it's no surprise but if you need/want any recommendations, I'll be happy to share my favourites with you! :)

    ReplyDelete