August 12, 2012

College

  Next week I am starting college! My nerves are going crazy right now. I'm nervous, excited and worrying about all the things that could go wrong. (But that's just my usual behavior.)
  In most cases I would still be in high school for another year or so, but I didn't want that crowd so I chose to take my GED once I turned 16. I bought the study book and went hard core studying straight for two weeks. I passed and simply then, I was done with high school. It really is amazing how two weeks and a one test can change the whole course of your future. 
(Have to love cheesy college photos)
  When I've told people about my plan, they've given me funny looks wondering why I didn't want to finish high school the normal way and then go to college. Honestly, I really dislike high school. It made me feel isolated and I was more mature then a lot of the students that went there. I didn't want to wait till I was 18 to start advancing on my life. When I'm 18, I can have my AA while everyone is graduating. I want to go explore the world sooner then later!
  Overall college is going to be a great experience for me. I'll be introduced into a whole different kind of social world with different people and different attitudes. I'm so glad my Mom has encouraged me to follow my dreams. That sounds cliche but really is true! She's helped me every step of the way, honoring what I want to do in life. Thanks Mummy :)

Pepper

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm also a sixteen-year-old who goes to college. I was homeschooled and I graduated from highschool several years early.

    That's so cool that you took the GED and get to go to college now! Since I was homeschooled I obviously don't know a lot about the public school version of highschool. But I can definitely tell you that college is fun. Everyone treats you like an adult and you get to be your own person :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a really cool experience! I have homeschooled too, since junior high so it's been fun being around a more different and mature crowd. :)

      Delete
  2. That's awesome Pepper! Congratulations! :) I'd love to graduate early and discover new things earlier.

    ReplyDelete