November 17, 2012

A Little Too Crazy...

I go into these phases of getting obsessed about something. It can be writing, photography, languages, and about anything that catches my eyes. Lately, it has been crafting.
  I was reluctant to look at Pinterest. I had heard such great things from friends and family about it, but I was still unsure what all the fuss was about. So finally one night I made an account and submerged myself into the world of Pinterest. And there behold was my destiny. It has everything a crafty person could imagine. DIY crafts, home decor, photography, etc. If there was anything someone liked, it was there on Pinterest. For a few days I became glued to the website, soaking in all the ideas and adding them to my board. 
  In my mind, I was collecting ideas for my new room. We were going to move in a few days and I wanted to start at the new house with a fresh canvas. 
  Then we moved, with Pinterest craft ideas simmering in my head.
  Let the crafting begin.
  Bellow are the projects I made for my bathroom. This bathroom in my new house is the biggest I have ever had with some much space to use up. With creative liberties  I found the way to use the space with a flare of cuteness. 
For this makeup holder, I bought a magnet dry erase board and glued magnets on the back of my makeup. You can doodle around the edges to make it pretty
Disclaimer: Be sure to use strong magnets and makeup that isn't too heavy so you'r makeup won't fall off.

Took a small chain I found around the house and nailed it to the wall. Then took three small teacups that made perfect hair band/clips holder.
             

Get a picture frame with the glass and back. Cut scrapbook or decorated paper to fit the glass. Take ribbons or lace, then measure and hot glue to the frame on the inside so the ribbon is tight and doesn't sag. Finally lay in the glass so the ribbon is on the outside, lay in paper and put on back so it stays together. Display your favorite earrings.
For picture frame. I took British flag stickers and lined them up and put tape on the top to seal it in. Customized picture frame!

Took lace and pin it to the wall with a push pin. Then  take hair accessories and attach.  For the head bands I screwed in some mug hooks. Simple as that!

For  the jewelry branch, find a branch the size you prefer. Take twine and wrap around tightly on both sides and tie so then you can take it and hang it up. Finally nail in nails to the wood to hold jewelry. 

  These crafts were very easy and really cheap. Most of these things I found around my house and put together in less than 20-30 minutes. 
Plus the ending was rewarding. It makes my bathroom organized while staying charming. 

Pepper 

1 comment: