November 6, 2012

Gypsy Feet






   I was born with gypsy feet. The world has called me ever since I was a little girl and everyday the longing to travel in it grows.
  As a little girl, I moved several times. More than I can remember. Some people think that’s unhealthy, but I loved every minute. No matter the situation, it thrilled me and continues to.  Moving always held a new adventure. A new house, a new city and new people. Getting to explore this world God created is an honor. I am so happy God made the world with many places to scout and many mysteries to uncover. It leaves adventure in my life.
  I want to see new and old cities. I want to be able to experience culture and talk with the locals. Taste food my taste buds have never savored. Hear languages that sound like flowing poetry. See the most detailed buildings in history and walk on ground that holds memories. Sleep in a new place every night.
  All the things I want to do!
  The longing is so strong, especially to Europe. It is a beautiful continent. You can take the train almost anywhere but end up in a place more different than the last. I could spend a year in each place learning the history and seeing the sights. In Europe you can walk out your front door and be taken back at the brilliance in it all.
  My heart is a gypsy. My body is a gypsy with feet tapping, wanting to go. I can tell there are many things to come, but all I need to do is wait until God says, ‘Go!’


  


“The world is a book and those who do not travel, read only one page.” St. Augustine

No comments:

Post a Comment