November 10, 2012

Life's Ruff

  Well, there's a new addition to our family. Her name's San Diego and she's a Miniature French Poodle. It's kind of an interesting story to how we found her. My Mom went to California with my two brothers, Isaiah and Levi to go to Sea World and Lego Land, kid heaven. On the last day they decided to walk on the board walk in San Diego and there behold were people selling Miniature French Poodles. She agreed to let them play with the puppies when Isaiah saw her across the room, or cage perhaps.
  She hopped over to him and it was almost love at first sight. Isaiah had such a tender heart for this one specific dog. My Mom said it was really as if there was a connection between them. He held her and comforted the tiny puppy. That's when she made the deal. They were getting the dog.
  I'm generally not a animal person. I love to hear the birds chirp, pet some cats and dogs, but own them? I think not. It's really a big responsibility and generally the animals want to get up in your face and I'm the opposite of that. It's just not my thing, but I do enjoy them, just not in my possession.
  My Mom came home with the animal as a total surprise. As I opened the door to let her in, she held in her arms San Diego. On the phone earlier she said she was bringing home San Diego. I thought some sand at the beach or a trinket at a market stand, not a dog. 
  As San Diego surveyed the room calmly, I could start to tell her sweet and observant spirit. She looked at you when you talked as if she was trying to get it. She sat in our laps patiently, enjoying our company. San Diego was well beyond her 8 weeks and dog DNA she was made up of. She was smart. I had only one other dog in my life that I truly could say was a genius. 
  We've had her a little over two weeks. Both the boys have bonded with her and protect her like big brothers. San Diego loves to clobber them in her tiny frame with kisses. This is their first dog they have ever had and I think she will be a friend to them as they get older. Having a dog is so important to two little boys, or children in all. More than gaining responsibility skills, they learn how to care and tend to a little puppy they can call their own. There is someone for them to protect and teach and in a way, father her, even if they are toddlers. 
  As it is said, dogs are men's best friends. I can see that. There is something so different to how Isaiah and Levi responded and act towards the their puppy. San Diego is their companion. 












No comments:

Post a Comment