November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Yesterday was a very pleasant day. My mom, sister and I started cooking at my Grandparents house around ten in the morning to get the turkey ready. By five, everything was going smoothly and all the food was ready to be laid on the table. This year my sister Sarah made the turkey. She used an African spice blend that is oh-so delicious! It was her very first time to cook a turkey and she did an excellent job! 
From pineapple casseroles, stuffed mushrooms, mashed potatoes to pumpkin and apple pie, it was a wonderful night. It was great to have the family all together and be with the people I am so grateful for.  





African Spiced Turkey


Sweet Potato casserole with marshmallows 

My specialty dish

My Grandma, Michelle 

Peanut butter Ritz crackers covered in chocolate. I will be posting a recipe soon about this!

My stuffed mushrooms with Swiss cheese on top


My grandma's famous dish of cranberries

The finished turkey



Family walk after dinner


2 comments: