December 29, 2012

Home for Christmas

  It finally seems the rush of Christmas is settling down, but then the excitement for New Year's is replacing it. I am especially eager to start school again in January. I love being with my family, but I also love to be out and about, learning and exploring!
  Christmas was so nice, but then so busy, as I'm sure everyone's is. A few days before Christmas, we took in a family that had just lost their apartment and didn't have anywhere to go for Christmas. They had only a few gifts for their three kids and barely any money to their name. The Mom was pregnant with their 4th child. We were able to provide them a home for Christmas, where their children could wake up to Santa's gifts under the tree. It may have been hectic at time with 5 boys in the house, but the memories they were able to get were priceless. Having the opportunity to minister the Mom and her children was humbling and taught me many things about myself and God. 
  A few days after Christmas, they were able to find somewhere to stay. We're still in contact with them and always on stand-by if they need somewhere to stay again. Overall, Christmas was wonderful!

I hope you all have a blessed Christmas! 

Cristian is the oldest of their family. 8 years old and a very wild, but silly boy!

Isaiah (my brother) opening up a chocolate gold coin.

Zachariah is the youngest of their children so far. He is such a charmer with those eyes!









Levi (my brother) so excited for super hero underwear. 


Still learning how to use the shaving kit. 


Playing on their new trampoline from Santa!


  

P.S You can't see Joey in these pictures, who is the family's middle child who's 3. I swear he looks almost identical from Go, Diego, Go! Good time! 

1 comment: