December 15, 2012

Plop Till You Drop

I was born with naturally curly hair, and I will admit, I had been neglecting it pretty bad. It was really long, so It couldn't curl up to it's desire and I didn't know much about styling and hydrating it. After a hair cut from my stylist (Mom), we tried the new curly girl system everyone has been talking about.
It's called plopping! It's wear you take you hair, gather it into a long-sleeved shirt and tie it up so your hair stays up. You can keep it on for a few hours, 20 minutes or the whole night. The longer, the bouncier the curls you'll get. I also like it because once you're done plopping, you only have can let it air dry or blow dry it for a little bit. 
I have ditched all silicone and sulfate shampoos, conditioners and hair products because they damage curly hair. I replaced it with healthy products my hair has been loving. It's been so hydrated, soft and prettier than I even had it before.
Let me show you my routine:

Once out of the shower, I squeeze all the extra water out of my hair. I don't use a towel anymore because it causes frizz for curly hair. Then I take my products and scrunch it into my hair. What I use it a little hairspray, quarter size anti-frizz cream and a good amount of leave in-conditioner. 


Let the plopping begin! I left it in my hair for a few hours today, then blow dried it after for about 10 minutes. It's so much easier and faster than other routines I've tried! It's kind of stylish once you think about it, ha! It's really comfortable to sleep in.




I use a diffuser because it put the heat in one section rather then blowing it all around so I don't become a frizz ball!



This is the video I used to learn how to plop. She teaches you everything you need to know about plopping. Try out her other videos on tips for curly hair! 


Happy Curling! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Oh i too have curly hair and i want to try this! lovely blog by the way!

    sam..aka..samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is my favorite curly hair method I have tried so far and every time the results are great! <3

      Delete