December 17, 2012

Tragedy

It is almost a week ago that a man killed 27 people in Newtown Connecticut at an elementary school. 20 of these were children, under the age of ten. When I first heard about this, my heart sank. It was another shooting and this time targeted specifically on little innocent souls.
My heart aches for those parents who found out that their child did not survive. My heart aches for the siblings that lost their best friend forever. Such a tragedy that cannot go undone. 
How do we as people and community deal with such loss as this? How do we know that this isn't going to happen to our own children, our own siblings? It makes me scared for my little brothers who will be the school age in just a few little years. The place were we think our children are safe is no longer safe. It can be a battle ground for a massacre. 
I pray to God for those parents and siblings. That He gives them comfort only the Lord of All can give. I pray for my own brothers, that He gives us wisdom for the places we go and the people we see. God is in control and that is all that we can do. Pray to Him for guidance  wisdom and know that He is the Almighty and He knows all things. 


2 comments:

  1. Sometimes praying is the only thing we can do when things like this happen. It was truly horrible and very scary, but we have to remember that God's there even when it doesn't feel like it.
    Thanks for following my blog, and commenting. Your blog is very sweet. I'm following back!
    Kristin @ Serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very right! Life can be out of our control and we just have to trust God, pray to Him and know that He lost His own child too. There is nothing God hasn't experienced, so He is able to comfort the parents of their loss.
      Thank you! I really loved your blog too! :)

      Pepper

      Delete