January 8, 2013

The 12 Days of Winter Break

  As I have said recently, my winter break is almost over. Then it's back to college. I am eager to start school, but have enjoyed my winter break immensely. Relaxing, being with the family and slowing down life for just a little bit. Here is a glimpse of what my winter break was about. 


1.  Organic English Breakfast Tea
My Mom got this tea for me at Christmas. I love the taste, the smell and all the memories it brings me back to when I went to England. And I have a perfect mug to match! 


2. Red Letter Revolution: What if Jesus Really Meant What He Said?
This book by 
  • Shane Claiborne and
  • Tony Campolo makes you really think how you live out what Jesus said. The authors are brilliant and filled with wisdom, telling about how Jesus really wants us to live. Each chapter makes me think about if I've taken the red letters in the bible seriously.



  • 3. Smash Book
    A present from my family in West Virginia! It is so much fun to Smash and put all my best keepsakes inside to cherish for later. 


    4. Kaboodle
    I love organization and this made me so happy when I received it for Christmas. Some think that Kaboodles are old school, but I love the fact they hold all your things together and look cute. 


    5. Good ol' Sleep 
    With no schedule till school starts, I have caught up on sleep. My bed is so comfy, as you can see!


    6. Dishes 
    Doing the dishes is not very fun, but at my house dishes are always needed to be done. We have 6 people in this house, two of them messy little boys. We have equipped ourselves with the best supplies to clean the dirtiest mess, especially during the holidays!


    7. A Breath of Fresh Air
    My family is a fan of ferns. They not only clean the air of bad pollution but make any room whimsy and fresh. We live in a gas run house and the fern especially love soaking it up. My Mom made sure to stock up this winter. 


    8. Arrested Development
    I have watched way to much TV this week. My Uncle got me hooked on the series 'Arrested Development'. Its basically about a dysfunctional family in crisis when CEO/Father of the family gets arrested for fraud, leaving his son to run the business. Such funny humor and characters.  
    \

    9. 1 Million
    This is probably my favorite cologne on Earth. Whenever I visit a JCP (rarely) I grab the cologne and spray it a million times into my purse. It's a mixture of sandal woods and old books. I know that sounds weird, but I love the smell of old books. 


    10. Jumping on the Trampoline
    For Christmas, my brothers got a trampoline from Santa. It is a great way for them to use their energy and for the rest of my family, a great way to exercise while having fun. Boy is it a workout! I try to jump on it every day and It really does help me get toned. 


    11. Blogging
    How I truly enjoy blogging! Having the time to sit down and plan out my blogs has been so great to recuperate. With this new year, I plan to have many more interesting posts. 


    12. Prayer Beads
     While reading 'Red Letter Revolution', Shane Claiborne explained how prayers beads are good reminders when you are praying and can cure a case of ADHD.  Each bead represents something different. There is one for our sins, heart troubles, kindness, peace, love, the world, self-control, gentleness, King's Prayer and more. I like to use mine while I have quiet time in the morning or bring them with me wherever I go as a reminder.



    2 comments:

    1. i love English tea and the mug! glad you liked the book =)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. The book has been so much fun! Storing all my treasure in it! Thank you :) <3

        Delete