January 12, 2013

Rahab

  Today, I finished a book by Francine Rivers. It is called Unashamed. The story of Rahab, the prostitute and the redeeming love God gives her. This book really helped bring her to life. I have read the story, heard it, but never like this. Francine Rivers narrates the story from Rahab's eyes, with biblical and historical facts so everything lines up.
  It made it so personal, as if I was there with Rahab. On the edge of my seat, waiting to see what happens.
  Waiting to see what God has planned for her. For me, bible stories can be so hard for me to personally imagine. I know that they happened and that there is something always to be learned by them, but it's hard to really relate to the character, get their take on the story. This book made it so I could really see Rahab and the amazing woman she was. 
  Francine Rivers, has five book on five women of the bible, who God choses to do great things with. This one was about Rahab, but there are four others about Mary, Ruth, Bathsheba and Tamar. I highly recommend that you check them out, as I want tor read them all. They are shorter reads (Unashamed took me about a few hours) but you learn so much about the women of God, the time period and just how God can use anyone to do great things. 



The continued books of the Linage of Grace series:

                                                             


  
To learn more about Francine Rivers and her books click here

No comments:

Post a Comment