January 15, 2013

Reasons to Flee



 My heart is not content. Nor my feet. They itch, crave to run free and see.
  These are my reasons to flee. 

1.  To see how people live, how people love and how people live in community. 

2. Taste culture. Try one of their most favorite dishes, or one of their most common dishes. 

3. See the history that made the the country it is today. Buildings, bridges, churches, groves, gardens, rivers, oceans. Each step holds an amount of history that contributed to the society in some way.

4. To look see beyond what I think I know. I want to know their needs, their fears, joys, sadness, excitement, traditions, their relationship with the Creator. I want to see God's creation and learn.

5. Experience. I want to bottle up every thing I learn from traveling the world. I want to capture beautiful people, beautiful moments in life. With a camera or a journal. A blog post or a crumpled up Cafe napkin with  coffee stains that reminds me of a scrumptious meal. I want to always remember where I've gone. And day dream for the places I'll go.

6. To serve God, serve people and show His love. In ministry, in passing, in mission trips. To travel around the world and share God's message and the promise that He holds. 


I want to pack a bag and grab a flight and go somewhere amazing. I want to go to a small town where it may be boring to the inhabitant who's lived there too long, but breath-taking to me. What may be their usual dinner, a new flavor for myself. Everything would be different. How they talk, act, eat, see, drive, pay, love, live, laugh, smile. But I can hardly wait to see it all. I can only imagine all the places and people I will see. All the places were I will go, and the unique people I will meet. 

From Denmark, to Paris, Italy, Greece, London, Dublin, Germany, Scotland, Spain, Romania, India...
I want to see them all.

What I need now is patience most of all. To wait and see what God has in store for me. But I admit, it's hard at times. Reading through travel magazines or watching Rick Steve's (Ha, cheesy I know!), reading a travel book, it all tugs at my heart. I want to flee! Fly away to adventures. I know will come, but I just have to put my trust, patience and every longing into God's hands, because He knows. My Lord knows. 
And too, I'm a camera nut, so it's my calling to capture everything! 

On a side not:

I still cannot believe that I went to England. England and Wales! A historical country where my best friend lives! It will be two years since I went this May. A few pictures of my trip in 2011.











Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Isaiah 6:8






No comments:

Post a Comment