January 18, 2013

Kickboxing 101

  School started back up for me and I am starting my Monday and Wednesday mornings with a 50 minute Kickboxing class. I just did my first class a few days ago and wow, it is a work-out. We did 20 minutes of exercise because the other 30 minutes were for the syllabus and the instructor explaining about the course. I can only imagine 50 straight minutes of that!
Source
  It will be tough, I can already tell, but I'm glad I'm going. Maybe in a few weeks, I'll regret saying that, but for now I am super excited. A good work-out in the morning will boost me up for the day and give me a positive attitude. Woo!
  Being fit for me is beyond just having a healthy diet and exercising. For me, having the endurance and strength will also give me more ways to serve in ministry. With building houses, carrying heavy loads, recusing people from danger, what ever it may be. Having the strength to go for a long time can make it so you are more able to help.
  My family has always been healthy. I've taken my daily vitamins my whole life and we strive to buy organic. (Thanks Uncle Sam for the food stamps!) But I've never been good at continually working out. I'll go through a phase lifting weights or trying to run around the block, but I've always given up or gave an excuse for myself. With not having a car, my family walks and takes the bus everywhere, but that wasn't cutting it for me.
  This past week I have forced myself to go running every night. I'm not a early morning runner. As the week has gone by, it has been getting easier to run and easier to run farther and farther. It has helped my blood circulation since I have bad circulation on my legs and it leaves me feeling great!
  I didn't really make this my 2013 resolution, but I want to be more healthier and active this year. It's good for me physically, but also emotionally. I pray that God will give me the strength and the will power to keep going. One thing I did learn is I cannot do this on my own, even exercising my body.  I need to pray to God to give me the determination and wisdom when I go to run or do kickboxing because I am nothing without Him!

Some Health verses I like:

The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs...and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. 
Isaiah 58:11

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will. 
Romans 12:2

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control;against such things there is not law.
Galatians 5:22-23




  
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment