February 15, 2013

Cornish Pasty Valentine's


For Valentine's dinner, my sister and I went to Cornish Pasty Co, a dark cozy restaurant that serves hand crafted goodness. The Cornish Pasty has been around since the 1200's in Cornwall, England and a favorite among tin miners, where wives would make the pasty half desert and half meat and vegetable, making it a two-in-one meal. What exactly is a pasty? Well, just scroll down and see! 





This is a Pasty! I ordered eggplant Parmesan, pictured above. It was so savory and all the flavors went together well. The whole restaurant has a fun ambiance, with indie music playing and the staff in casual wear. In a way it's fancy, but then not because everyone is relaxed around you. 
I was also trying out my camera manual mode at night, which is highly difficult without a tri-pod. I was able to find some stability to take these shots! 



 \


 

I love my sister! I love being able to go hang out with her and go have fun adventures. I love getting in mischief with her or making eye contact with her after we've seen something funny on the bus and we can't help but laugh. Or always being someone I can talk to when I'm some where new. I'm so grateful to have a friend where ever I go. Love you sis! 

No comments:

Post a Comment