February 26, 2013

Soul Songs

  I have handfuls of song that I love, but then there are those few that speak differently to me than all the others. I hold them a little closer. Let's call them soul songs. 
  My soul songs sing to my inner being. They hold an unique meaning to me. They can stir emotions out of me. They seem to explain me when I am not able to myself.
 
Here are my soul songs:


I first heard this song when I was going through a tough situation. As I was listening, I felt my soul agreeing and signing along, like it had been waiting all along for these lyrics to finally give me peace. This song helps me every time I feel alone or stuck somewhere. It assures me that God does wonderful things.  



If I was a song, I would be this one. Out of one of my favorite movies, this song was composed by a brilliant man, speaks to me so beautifully. I could dance to this song for days, listen to it endless of times to absorb such a song that describes who I am. I don't know how to explain it, but this song is me if I could transform into a tune. 

 

In another language but this song holds timeless beauty. Her voice is so stunning,captivating. It makes me want to sing along. Unfortunately I cannot sing opera, otherwise I would! 


What are your soul songs? I would love to hear them as much as you love to listen to them.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Gungor song! Definitely one of my soul songs :) I have never heard the second song but I listened to it and I love it too! Ave Maria is always beautiful :)

    This one is one of my soul songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tSq1P5pels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished listening to the song, beautiful! Thank you for telling me about it, classical music is magnificent and that song was wonderful.

      Pepper

      Delete