August 1, 2013

Dear Little Black Dress,

I apologize sincerely.
For all the days I left you in my closet to gather dust at the edge of your perfectly trimmed seams.
I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I promise on the heart of a true female. I had high hopes for you and I.
You were on sale, a price I could not resist and well, you looked so lovely on me, I had to buy you.
The future of you and I flashed before my eyes as I handed the cashier my check card and she bagged you in crisp plastic.
The places we would go together. Parties, weddings, baby showers, holidays, balls. All the places a dress like you deserved to go to.
But I let you down.
I never knew it would lead to this. Your lonely, dark days in a closet where you were pushed aside for other pieces of clothing.
Unloved, unworn.
I didn't forget about you and the dreams we once held together. Me, spinning around in the most elegant dress a girl could imagine, folds of fabric flashing before star struck eyes. Things just didn't go the way I planned.
Don't take it personally when I put you in the charity bin.
There is someone better for you out there. Someone who will fulfill the promises I never could.
It's not you, it's me.

All my love.
Sincerely,

A girl with nowhere to go

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I hate this! Because I have a dress like this as well. It was just *so* beautiful and such a good price... yet I never go anywhere that warrants me keeping it. Ugh! What's an introverted girl to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has felt this way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too good! haha I think we've all had our own "little black dress." I know I have! It's such a sad day when you get rid of it, but you have to be honest with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hate it when i buy something and i have nowhere to wear to! Ugh! OMW! I just got the cutest little black dress ever! But, like always. I have nowhere to go! ;) well, It could be worst! :)

    I love your blog! Your writing is wonderful!

    ~Hannah <3

    ReplyDelete