August 5, 2013

Defense for Every Woman

  Every 2 Minutes someone is sexually assaulted in the United States (rainn.org). 
The world we live in does not let us be naive, because it can mean getting raped or murdered. The words are harsh and scary, but it is the truth. 
It can happen anywhere. From the richest of neighborhoods to the common grocery store parking lots.   Where we may think we are safe, it can be far from it. 17.7 Million women have been victims of rape (rainn.org). The brightest, smartest, greatest women have been assaulted because of not knowing how to defend themselves properly. 
  It's chilling to think that it can happen to me. 1 out of every 6 Women have been raped or attacked (rainn.org) Us women need to acknowledge the very real potential dangers and get smart. Learn what to do if it ever happens to us. Rape is not always  from a random attacker on the street that looks dangerous. It can be a handsome young man passing by. It can be a close friend or boyfriend, someone completely unsuspectable. It can be anyone
  Can I defend myself if something like this were to ever happen to me? Do I have the strength and confidence that I will be able  push back and rise? They are frightening questions, but in order to gain self confidence we have to face them.  
  God is my defender and protector, but He also wants me to be smart and learn what it takes to be safe! 

  This month I am taking R.A.D (rape prevention) classes with my sister and mom. 




"The R.A.D. Systems of Self Defense offers programs for women, children, men and seniors. These offerings provide a truly holistic approach to self defense education, supporting the necessity of continuous learning in order to provide realistic options for each population as they go through life. Each of these programs includes educational components comprised of lecture, discussion, physical resistive strategies. All of which are facilitated by certified R.A.D. Instructors supported by a network of dedicated professionals who honor one another’s student through our unique Lifetime Return and Practice Policy."
-rad-systems.com 

  The class for R.A.D that is going on in my city is completely free and held at a police training center. R.A.D will teach me how to defend myself in everyday situations and give me the knowledge and confidence to know I can defend myself. 
  I think every women, young and old, should be given the opportunity to take self-defense classes. What you learn there may one day save your life. I see stories on the news that break my heart for the victims and their families. I don't want that to be me, my friends or any member of my family. Absolutely no woman should go through sexual assault. And if there are classes that help prevent sexual assault from happening, I will gladly take them so I can increase my self-defense from attackers. 
  R.A.D classes are offered all over the U.S. 
  I can't wait to take this class. Not only will I be empowering myself, I will be standing up against violence against women! 
A woman can be strong, but it takes a whole new step of wisdom to sign up for rape prevention classes.

To find classes near you to attend R.A.D

Learn the facts and seek help go to http://rainn.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment