August 27, 2013

Public Speaking

   I'm taking public speaking.
  I don't know what my feelings are about this. Nervousness, yet in a strange way confident in what I think I can do. Generally I'm a quiet person. It's hard for me to be the first one to start a conversation. I'm not very witty around new people. Once someone gets to know me, I become more outgoing and relational. In reality, I fear that talking with someone new they won't like me and only leave myself embarrassed.
  A teacher once told my class and I to challenge ourselves. She said if we never challenged ourselves, we would never learn something new. I agree 100% with her. So I think public speaking will be good for me, even if there are hard times when I'm jittery and standing in front of a room full of curious eyes. It will challenge me. I will learn, grown and meet new people. If people never challenged themselves with something that made them a 'tad' uncomfortable, then the world would be sitting ducks. There would be no accomplishment or even the effort of trying. We cannot stop growing in our mental,spiritual and physical health.
  There are countless of opportunities for each person every single minute,hour,day that is waiting to challenge them. Waiting to challenge you. 
  And the results of challenging ourselves?

  Priceless.


  This verse is one of my favorites. It assures me that I am not alone in my journey. The path God has directed me to is steady and firm. When we do things that challenge us, God is right along side us. He is upholding our path.

The Lord makes firm the steps
    of the one who delights in him;
 though he may stumble, he will not fall,
    for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

Psalm 37:23-24

4 comments:

  1. I'm usually a shy and quiet person too. But my Speech class was sooo good for me. I was surprised at how confident I could be, and I got to have so many interesting conversations with people from all different walks of life. Since then, I'm much more open to speaking up in my classes and it's amazing how much fun it can be to trade ideas with other people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great that it worked out for you! I'm pretty sure It'll be good!

      Delete
  2. Public speaking class A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello There. I found your using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback. Media training courses

    ReplyDelete