September 1, 2013

Nurse Kellye's Rant

  It seems in the media, quietness is not allowed in order to be seen by the other gender. The media wants us to alter ourselves to become outgoing and flirtatious in order to gain a guy's acceptance. Isn't that what Seventeen magazine is for? If you just peek at the cover, it is clustered with 'Ten Flirty Tips to Win Him Over'. It's a confusing message being sent to girls that is putting pressure on them to change their personality to catch a guy's eye. Then there are times because of a person's reserved or shy manner, whatever it may be, it seems the wall is swallowing them up and that they are purely disappearing.
  Do you ever have those days? Where you're holding in all your emotions and suddenly they all just come out in a rush? I've most certainly had those.
  Watching MASH the other night, I came upon this scene and I could relate to it in so many ways. Sometimes in life a girl will go through the feeling of being invisible to the other gender. I've felt it and I'm sure you have felt it one way or another. This scene seems to sum it up perfectly and puts a perfect topper on all the times I've felt like the wallflower.


2 comments:

  1. I can relate so much to this. I was always the shy one, the quiet one, and there were times that I thought I'd have to be out of my comfort zone to ever get a boyfriend. Now, I have a boyfriend. I didn't have to change who I was because he actually likes me for me. For years I didn't think it was possible, but it is! And you don't have to listen to Seventeen magazine, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to know you can get a boyfriend the old fashioned way, haha! :)

      Delete