January 27, 2013

Rain Come Down

Rain is like little droplets of gold. Falling onto all our eager faces, eyes wide in astonishment, skin reaching out to the clouds. 
At least it's like that in Arizona. So rarely do we get to experience the joys of rain. The beauty of the clouds pouring down crisp, cool drops of water that smell like the Earth itself. Purifying the gunky air of toxins and pollutions cleaning our souls spiritually as well. 


For me, when it's rainy outside and the clouds are dark and beautifully dreary, it puts me in a writing mood. My eyes see the world as living poetry and I get inspired by many things. The dripping of water from a leaf, the sounds of feet splashing into puddles, the feeling of damp feet that got too wet outside. As you  may read this, you can tell how desperate my soul is for rain. I do my best work when it's raining. 
I would be perfectly content if it rained once a week, every week. It puts the world in a different lens. Colors are richer because the bright sun doesn't wash it out. The smell of wet soil and trees is stronger than every, creating the perfect melody. Something is so different when it rains. 














5 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! And I love the pictures. :)

    Honestly, we get to much rain where I'm from. Would you like some of ours? haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! New follower! I hope you can be mine too! :) Btw, I'm having a giveaway! I hope you can join! http://heartstringsb.blogspot.com/2013/02/80-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to check out your giveaway :)

      Delete