March 18, 2013

Exciting, Wonderful, Big News!

Hello Everyone!

I am back to blogging. My spring break was restful and filled with bus rides, staying up late watching TV shows,going to potlucks and being around Godly, lovable people that make life happy. Now that I am back in school,  I realize that the stress that comes with it once again. I had shoved him under my bed with my old notebooks for spring break, but that only works for so long. Oh well, he's not always bad company if I keep him under my watch.

Last week I left saying I had some news. Big news!

Can you guess where I'm going?  



Tah- Dah!

My mom and I are going to fly out for my 17th birthday so we can spend it in New York. This will be my first time visiting the grand city. I will stick out with my camera, looking like every other tourist, but what can you do? It's New York, you have to take pictures!

My first stop will be seeing Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. My favorite TV shows that airs so late here in my hometown.  He's sweet and always so personal and I have always wanted to go see one of his shows.
Of course I will see all the main highlights New York is known for! Central Park, Times Square, Museum of Natural History, Grand Central, Empire State building and more!
One of our goals will be to eat from a New York food vendor and take a taxi somewhere to get the real feel of the city. And possibly feed some pigeons (joking! But maybe only half joking!)
My mom and I will also be staying at a hostel, which are inexpensive and an interesting place to lodge while traveling. It will be my first time sleeping in a hostel, so I am curious what the experience will be.
I will be going in June, which is a few months from now but I am starting to plan. I bought this guide especially so I can highlight and plan ahead so we don't get lost in the hustle and bustle. I cannot tell you how excited I am and am going to be when I am on that airplane. Hurry up June!

Have any of you been to New York before? Any insider tips or places/food that I should try?


10 comments:

  1. I was only in New York once, and I really enjoyed it! We didn't get to Central Park and that was my biggest regret, so I say go there if you get the chance! I hope you have a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is on the top of my list to go there! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is sooo exciting. I would love to go there some day. Take LOTS of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have lots of pictures, I couldn't help myself! :)

      Delete
  3. That sounds super exciting! Have fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog name was s catchy I had to pop over! You will have so much fun! I think every girl should go to New York...with their mom....best way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I agree, traveling with my mom will be a blast! :)

      Delete
  5. I am so jealous, I've always wanted to go to NY :( I've been trying to convince my mum to take me but so far no luck! I hope you have a brilliant time!! :D

    Your blog is lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have always wanted to go to New York also! I still can't believe I am actually going :)

      Delete